5 year Visa to France
Alumni, apply for a 5 year visa to Europe
If you hold a Master’s, PhD or PG degree from a French institution, get a 5 year circulation visa to France and the Schengen Area, when you next travel to France
In July 2013, Ambassador François Richier decided to facilitate travel to France for all Indian citizens residing in India who have studied in France. As of July 14th 2013, all Indian citizens who have graduated from a French institution subsequently applying for a tourist or business visa for a trip to France, will be given a visa with a long period of validity – up to five years (subject to passport validity) if the studies in France were at the Master’s or PhD level.
This visa allows applicants to stay in the Schengen area for up to 90 days, with a 90 day gap between stays. Indian alumni of Indo-French dual degree programs are eligible to apply. Students who graduated before July 2013 can also apply for this visa as it is retroactive.
• You are an Indian citizen, residing in India
• You hold a master’s degree or a PhD from a French institute, recognized by the French authorities
• You are planning to travel to France
• You are applying from India
• A Circulation visa
• Valid for up to 5 years (subject to passport’s expiration date)
• for business or tourism
1. When you plan your next trip to France, file a regular application for a tourist or business visa.
2. Add a copy of your French degree (Master’s, PhD or PG degree) to your documents.
3. Your spouse and children, if they are travelling with you, are eligible too.