Charpak Exchange Scholarship for January 2015
Charpak Exchange scholarship is open for an exchange semester in France in January 2015. Apply now, deadline is the 30th November 2014.
Exchange Program - Spring Session (January– June 2015)
This program is designed for exchange students for a period of 1to 4 months (duration of an academic semester) at the Bachelor’s or Master’s degree level.
- Free student visa, including Campus France fee waiver
- Monthly stipend of 615 euros for up to 4 months
- Medical insurance coverage(around 300 euros/year)
- Assistance to find affordable student accomodation
- be an Indian national and reside in India
- not more than be 30 years old maximum at the time of application
- be currently enrolled at an Indian institution of higher learning that has a tie-up with the French Institution where the applicant will pursue an exchange semester.
Your application will be selected on the basis of your academic excellence, as well as the consistency and quality of your statement of purpose. There is no CGPA / percentage cut-off for the scholarship. Knowledge of French will be an asset but is not mandatory. Your statement of purpose must be original.
How to Apply:
Step I: Download the application form: Exchange program
- 223 kb
- Application form for Exchange Program
Step 2: Complete
Read your application form carefully. You will fill each section of the Word format
document by using Arial, font size 10. Do not alter the format of the application form.
Your statement of purpose should explain why you chose the French institution to which you have applied or been admitted, as well as your future plans upon completion of the course. Explain why you would be a worthy candidate for the scholarship. Mention how you initially came to know about the Charpak program. Your statement of purpose should be one to two pages long (minimum/maximum length). Important – Please ensure that your statement of purpose is original.
Step 3: Submit
Send the following documents to email@example.com :
- application form duly filled, signed, printed and scanned
- Scanned copy of the first page of your passport (with photo and expiry date). If you will be getting your passport after the deadline, please attach passport application proof.
- your full Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- Scanned copy of your admission/acceptance letter from the French higher education institution. If you have not received it before the deadline, attach an email correspondence to show that you are in the process of getting the acceptance letter from them.
- attested (by a gazette officer or the Head of the institute where you studied/are studying) scanned copies of mark sheets of Higher Secondary School (XII), Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees (including those of completed semesters of the ongoing degree)
- NOC from your Indian institution – it should mention that you are a student there and are selected for the exchange program. The name of French institution needs to be mentioned.
- French language certificate if any (from Alliance Française in India or any recognised university or Xth marks card if French was your second language).
The subject of your message to firstname.lastname@example.org should mention the type of program you are applying to : Exchange Program. Photos of documents instead of clear scans will not be accepted.
Deadline for submission of Application: 30 November 2014
Results: 10 December 2014
Awardees of the scholarship will be contacted via email or phone call; the results will be put up on http://www.inde.campusfrance.org/en/page/charpak